Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Meme

It's been awhile since I've seen this making the rounds on Facebook.  So I figure I'll offer up responses of my own.  To say what should be obvious, I'll exclude the Bible (since it would fit most categories below), I'll limit it to one book per category, and I won't put the same book in multiple categories (even though it might deserve it).


  • A book that changed your life: The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoevsky [Pevear/Volkhonsky translation])
  • A book that you've read more than once: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Phillip K. Dick)
  • A book that you'd want on a desert island: The Liturgy of the Hours.
  • A book that made you laugh: Father of the Bride (Edward Streeter)
  • A book that made you cry: The Fifth Son (Elie Wiesel)
  • A book that you wish had never been written: Mein Kampf ("My Struggle", Hitler)
  • A book that you hope someone will write: An update of Tocqueville's Democracy in America.
  • A book that you wish you had written: The Closing of the American Mind (Allan Bloom)
  • A book that you're currently reading: Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals (Kant)
  • A book that you've been meaning to read: Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, & Naturalism (Plantinga).

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And, I loved the comment on my blog. Thank you! You give me hope. Keep teaching! And God bless your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete